Avoiding Construction Disputes: Working In a Lump Sum Environment – 3 Day Course
Stephen O. Revay will be conducting a 3 day claim seminar about Avoiding Construction Disputes – Working in a Lump Sum Environment at the University of Calgary on February 23, February 24 and March 3, 2017.
Review alternate contract strategies, types of claims presented by owners and contractors and the best practices for avoiding construction claims. Learn the importance of communication and documentation, analysis of claims and the various means of quantification including productivity and delay analysis, change management and the various means of resolving disputes.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize factors that cause project overruns in cost and/or time and resultant construction claims
- Understand the contracting strategies that can be employed to minimize claims
- Appreciate the contract administration issues that pertain to construction disputes
- Understand the importance of project controls, documentation and communication
- Be cognizant of the methodologies used to present delay and productivity claims
- Be aware of the means and methods of resolving disputes