The construction industry is being burdened with many claims and disputes – this half-day course is designed for professionals in the construction industry looking to advance their understanding of construction claims.
This course will provide industry professionals with techniques to manage the unique contractual challenges that come from different construction project delivery methods which could lead to cost intensive disputes. It will also cover the usual reasons for disputes, and strategies to avoid and resolve those disputes in a most time and cost efficient manner.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of a successful project alias a claim/dispute free project
- Learn strategies for avoiding widespread industry weaknesses such as improper planning and scheduling
- Realize best claim avoidance and mitigation practices
- Learn best practices for dealing with changes and other site related issues
- Develop familiarity with contractual rights and obligations
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers/Construction Managers/ Site Supervisors
- Public or private owner
- General Contractor/Subcontractor
- Estimators, Engineers, Architects
- Legal counsels
Date: May 25, 2016 (half-day seminar)
Schedule: Wed. 8:30am – 11:30am
Location: TCA, 70 Leek Crescent, Richmond Hill, Ontario
Instructor(s): Jiwan Thapar, P.Eng.
TCA member: $150.00 + HST
Non-member: $175.00 + HST