John Owens will be speaking at the “Construction Claims – Will You Be Prepared?”, along with Dan Leduc and Ronal Price, hosted by the Ottawa Construction Association on Friday, September 27th, 2013.
The seminar is designed to help the construction industry to understand what they need to know and do to protect their firm should a claim situation develop. Claims may arise on any project and it is better to take precaution to ensure that they are prepared during the project than to try to sort it out after the job is complete.
- The construction claim – its basis in law – common contract terms;
- Delay Claim Analysis – getting the facts;
- Construction record keeping and reporting;
- Proving your case – use of schedules and other documentation;
- Claims vs. Owners;
- Claims vs. General Contractors / Subcontractors;
- Claims vs. Design Professionals;
- Protecting Yourself – your rights and responsibilities;
- If all else fails, Litigation or Alternate Dispute Resolution;
Member rate: $50 + HST
Non-Member rate: $100 + HST
For more information and registration, click to download the registration form.