Metro Toronto Convention Centre Expansion
Marathon acted as Development Manager of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre Expansion. The $180 million, approximately one million square foot project included infrastructure services, roads, parks, restoration of heritage buildings, and bridge and tunnel connections to the existing facility. Our engineers and construction specialists were selected by Marathon to provide:
Project Schedule Review
- Review of the existing schedules;
- Increasing the level of details by working with the various consultants and contractors;
- Identifying sequencing discrepancies in the contractors’ schedules; and
- establishing production curves for major activities.
Project Monitoring of actual progress
- Monitoring of manpower loading by trade on a weekly basis;
- Identifying delays;
- Identifying requirements to avoid future delays; and
- Follow-up for outstanding information.
Delay Claim Avoidance
- Evaluation of contractors claims; and
- Risk analysis of meeting scheduled milestones and substantial performance.
During the performance of our work, we identified areas where concrete could be placed at an earlier time frame to reduce the amount of concrete to be placed during the winter months.