Date: May 7-10, 2013
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Ontario General Contractors Association
6299 Airport Road, Suite 703, Mississauga, Ontario, L4V 1N3
This 30 hour Gold Seal accredited course is designated to enhance the ability of personnel at all levels in the general contractor’s organization to deal effectively with construction claims. Whether your challenge is to convince an owner of your entitlement to recovery of additional costs on a project, or to negotiate a claim for extra cost from a subcontractor, this course will provide you with the information required to achieve a successful outcome.
Through combination of lecture material and a series of hands-on workshops, course participants will:
- increase their awareness level of construction claims,
- be able to recognize claimable situations,
- develop familiarity with contractual rights and obligations,
- compile the necessary documentation to support a claim,
- understand the importance of scheduling as it affects to delay claims,
- develop the ability to properly quantify and present a claim, and
- explore techniques for effectively resolving disputes.