Revay and Associates Limited (Revay) is seeking enthusiastic and motivated professionals with exceptional integrity to join its dispute resolution team in Ottawa. The hired candidate(s) will be exposed to all facets of construction projects, emphasizing the contractual and commercial aspects of large institutional, industrial, commercial and civil projects.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director, National Capital Region, the candidate will be directly involved in the analysis and preparation of construction schedules, construction claims and expert reports. This requires the use of specialized techniques such as forensic schedule analysis, labour and productivity analyses and studies, analysis of change orders and requests for payment, as well as the quantification of claims.
Revay’s maxim is that experience plus expertise equals excellence.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in engineering, architecture, or quantity surveying; a specialization in construction management is a plus
- Membership within a professional order or association (P. Eng, PE, QS or equivalent) or the ability to qualify as a member
- 5 to 10 years of related work experience in the construction industry
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), Primavera Project Planner (P6), MS Project
We are an independent firm offering consulting services to the construction industry. Today, our personnel comprise approximately sixty professionals, primarily engineers, architects, senior technologists and other related professionals.
Founded in 1970, we have established a reputation as Canada’s leading consultant in the field of construction dispute resolution. Dispute resolution assignments represent about 60 percent of our work. In our fifty-plus-year history, we have been involved in the resolution of more than 7,000 construction disputes. In addition to dispute resolution, we offer planning, scheduling, project management, contract administration and risk management services.
Our client base covers the entire construction industry spectrum, including all levels of government, public and private sector owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, architectural and engineering firms, including EPCM firms, law firms, financial institutions, and industry associations. We have carried out assignments throughout Canada and the United States, in several European, African, Asian, South and Central American countries, as well as in Australia.
We thank all applicants, but only those who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.