Revay and Associates Limited (Revay) is Canada’s consultant of choice in areas of construction dispute resolution, project management support, project controls and risk management. We have been providing these services to the Canadian construction industry for over 50 years.
We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic and motivated junior professional to join our Calgary team. As a claims consultant, you will be exposed to all facets of construction projects, with an emphasis on the contractual and commercial aspects of large industrial, civil, commercial and institutional projects. We are involved in some of the most interesting and large-scale construction projects in the Prairies, throughout Canada, and in many other countries. Considering the diverse nature of our work, you will need to have strong problem-solving skills, well-developed logic, and a facility to assimilate large amounts of varied qualitative and quantitative information. Communication and the ability to simplify concepts is key, as you will need to convert highly technical information into graphics, reports and presentations that will be easily comprehensible. You must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a claims consultant, you will:
- Prepare and evaluate construction claims;
- Prepare and evaluate construction expert reports; and
- Assist a range of clients, including owners, contractors, engineers, architects, and their legal counsel.
To do so, you will use specialized techniques to perform:
- Forensic schedule analyses;
- Loss of productivity analyses;
- Change order analyses; and
- Damage quantification.
You may also provide our clients with project management and construction advisory services such as:
- Schedule development, monitoring and control;
- Risk management;
- Contract administration; and
- Numerous other claims avoidance services.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Work under the direct supervision and guidance of a senior consultant, who will vary from project to project, meaning that you get to learn from a wide range of seasoned engineers and related professionals;
- Work in teams of various sizes composed of interns, junior consultants, consultants, and senior consultants, in which all team members collaborate and learn from one another; and
- Be provided with the knowledge and tools you need to perform your tasks yet be given the freedom and autonomy to find creative solutions.
Qualifications and Skills
To qualify, the following are essential:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and/or master’s degree in engineering, architecture, quantity surveying – other degrees/diplomas will be considered, and a specialization in construction management is preferred;
- Previous experience working in the construction industry – new grad up to five (5) years’ experience;
- Be a member or member-in-training/intern of a recognized professional association such as APEGA (or are qualified to become a member);
- Possess strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrate great attention to detail – be thorough, rigorous, and efficient;
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and Primavera P6.
This a junior position and may not be suitable to those with more than five (5) years of experience.
Revay is an independent firm offering consulting services to the construction industry. Today, our personnel comprise approximately 50 professionals, primarily engineers, architects, senior technologists and other related professionals.
Founded in 1970, we have established a reputation as Canada’s leading consultant in the field of construction dispute resolution. In our fifty-year history, we have been involved in the resolution of more than 7,000 construction disputes. In addition to dispute resolution, we offer planning, scheduling, project management, contract administration and risk management services.
Our client base covers the entire spectrum of the construction industry, including all levels of government, public and private sector owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, architectural and engineering firms including EPC/EPCM firms, law firms, financial institutions and industry associations.
We thank all applicants, but only those who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.