While we wouldn’t be surprised if you have never heard of us before, know that we are a leader in construction dispute resolution throughout Canada. We have prepared or evaluated more than 7,000 thousand construction claims, ranging in value from $10,000 to $1.5 billion. We have earned our reputation over the years as an “honest broker”, placing us among the leading consulting firms in our field.
And this is where you come in: we are looking for a bright, motivated, and bilingual junior construction claims consultant to join our dispute resolution team in our Montreal office. Our team of approximately twenty engineers, here in Montreal, is composed of a well-balanced mix of seasoned senior consultants, young dynamic consultants and junior consultants. Our professional and collaborative working environment is conducive to learning and gaining invaluable experience ensuring that you will thrive in construction dispute resolution.
As a claims consultant, you will be exposed to all facets of large institutional, industrial, commercial and civil projects. We are involved in some of the most interesting and large-scale construction projects in Quebec, throughout Canada, and in many other countries. Considering the diverse nature of our mandates, you will need to have strong problem-solving skills, well-developed logic, and a facility to assimilate large amounts of varied information. Moreover, communication and the ability to simplify concepts is key: you will need to convert highly technical information into graphics, reports and presentations that will be easily comprehensible for our clients.
We would love to have you join our team and be part of Canada’s foremost independent dispute resolution, project management and risk management service provider to the construction, engineering, and energy sectors in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a claims consultant, you will:
- Prepare and evaluate construction claims;
- Prepare and evaluate construction expert reports; and
- Assist owners, contractors, designers, and their legal counsel.
To do so, you will use specialized techniques to perform:
- Forensic schedule analyses;
- Loss of productivity analyses;
- Change order analyses; and
- Damage quantification.
You may also provide our clients with project management and control services such as:
- Document management and control;
- Contract administration; and
- Claims avoidance.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Work under the direct supervision and guidance of a senior consultant, who will vary from project to project, meaning that you get to learn from a wide range of seasoned engineers;
- Work in teams of various sizes composed of interns, junior consultants, consultants, and senior consultants, in which all team members collaborate and learn from one another; and
- Be provided with the knowledge and tools you need to perform your tasks, yet be given the freedom and autonomy to find creative solutions.
Qualifications and skills
To qualify, you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Engineering;
- Have 0 to 5 years of related work experience in the construction industry;
- Be a member of a professional association, if not at the moment, then at a later date;
- Possess strong analytical skills;
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Demonstrate great attention to detail: be thorough, rigorous, and efficient;
- Be fluent in English and French, both written and spoken;
- Be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Ideally, be proficient with the following software: Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD.
About Revay and Associates Limited
We are an independent firm offering consulting services to the construction industry. Today, our personnel comprise approximately sixty professionals, primarily engineers, architects, senior technologists and other related professionals.
Founded in 1970, we have established a reputation as Canada’s leading consultant in the field of construction dispute resolution. Dispute resolution assignments represent about 60 percent of our work. In our fifty-year history, we have been involved in the resolution of more than 7,000 construction disputes. In addition to dispute resolution, we offer planning, scheduling, project management, contract administration and risk management services.
Our client base covers the entire spectrum of the construction industry, including all levels of government, public and private sector owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, architectural and engineering firms including EPCM firms, law firms, financial institutions and industry associations. We have carried out assignments throughout Canada and the United States, in several European, African, Asian, South and Central American countries, as well as in Australia.
We thank all applicants, but only those who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.