Senior Claims Consultant
Revay and Associates Limited is Canada’s consultant of choice in construction dispute resolution, project management and controls and risk management services. In response to rapid growth in various sectors, our Ottawa office is seeking a senior consultant with experience in the construction industry. The candidate(s) should be energetic, have a professional demeanor and be a team player.
Revay’s maxim is experience plus expertise equals excellence. We value integrity, rigour and common sense.
- Analysis of documents/preparation of construction claims
- Preparation of reports including claims and expert reports for use in mediation, arbitration or litigation
- Management of client mandates including deliverables, schedule and budget
- Establish and maintain business relationships with clients
- Develop new clients and business opportunities with government agencies, private owners, contractors, designers, and law firms. Experience and contacts in the construction industry considered an asset.
- Contribute to marketing efforts, RFPs, industry presentations, etc.
- Add value to the company by actively assisting management with preparing promotional materials, publishing articles, providing quality (peer) reviews.
- Active involvement (through Board membership, regular meeting attendance) with industry associations
- Work effectively on teams as leader or support, as required
- Develop junior staff through mentoring
- Continually develop own skills through ongoing training (formal and informal) and mentoring
- A bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in engineering, architecture or quantity surveying; a specialization in construction management is a plus
- Membership within a professional order or association (P.Eng, PE, QS or equivalent)
- At least 10 years of experience in the construction industry
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Ability to delegate and mentor effectively
- Ability to develop and defend unbiased opinions with balanced arguments
- Superior presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity and knowledge with scheduling, project controls, risk management, contracts, delay and productivity analyses
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), Primavera Project Planner (P6), MS Project
- Construction claims exposure
About Revay and Associates Limited
We are an independent firm offering consulting services to the construction industry. Today, our personnel comprise approximately sixty professionals, primarily engineers, architects, senior technologists and other related professionals.
Founded in 1970, we have established a reputation as Canada’s leading consultant in the field of construction dispute resolution. Dispute resolution assignments represent about 60 percent of our work. In our fifty-year history, we have been involved in the resolution of more than 7,000 construction disputes. In addition to dispute resolution, we offer planning, scheduling, project management, contract administration and risk management services.
Our client base covers the entire spectrum of the construction industry, including all levels of government, public and private sector owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, architectural and engineering firms including EPCM firms, law firms, financial institutions and industry associations. We have carried out assignments throughout Canada and the United States, in several European, African, Asian, South and Central American countries, as well as in Australia.
We thank all applicants, but only those who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.