Revay and Associates Limited (Revay) is looking for a fully bilingual, bright and motivated Technical proof reader/administrative assistant to become part of its team in its Montreal head office.
The main tasks associated with the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Read, review, correct and format technical reports, proposals and other engineering documents.
- Review technical information in order to ensure clarity, comprehensiveness and overall coherence.
- Review documents for grammatical and typographical errors.
- Assist with finalizing and printing technical reports.
- Answer incoming calls and respond according to their request.
- Welcome visitors to the office.
- Prepare conference rooms for meetings.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinating and providing clerical and administrative support to management and consultants as necessary.
- Maintaining all file management systems and updating client and project databases.
- Organizing logistics for internal and external meetings.
- Assist consultants with data entry for analysis.
- Ordering all printed material, including business cards, letterheads, envelopes, etc.
- Maintaining an inventory of office supplies and place additional orders when necessary.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- University degree in literature (English or French), journalism, translation, writing or relevant field.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field is considered an asset.
- Work experience can sometimes be substituted for education.
- Approximately 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in a professional services firm (i.e. legal, business or engineering) is an asset.
- Experience in document translation (English-French) is an asset.
- Discretion – files are very confidential.
- Very high standard of written and oral English and French.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks autonomously.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to respect deadlines.
- Great attention to detail.
- Structured and autonomous approach to working.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- High standards of work and personal ethics.
NB. Proofreading abilities in English and French (language, grammar, spelling, etc.), as well as the listed computer skills will be tested.
Revay and Associates Limited is a firm offering project management and construction claims services with permanent offices in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
The firm was founded in 1970 and today Revay is comprised of approximately 50 professionals, primarily engineers, architects, senior technologists and other related professionals.
Dispute resolution assignments represent about 60% of Revay’s work. In addition, the firm offers planning, scheduling, project management overview and contract administration services.
Revay’s assignments are divided equally between those originating from plaintiffs and defendants. Our client base covers the entire spectrum of the construction industry including all levels of government, public and private sector owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, architectural and engineering firms, law firms, financial institutions and industry associations.
Revay has carried out assignments throughout Canada and the United State, in several European, African, Asian and South American countries as well as Australia. In over forty-five years of history, Revay has been involved in the resolution of over 6,000 construction disputes.
For more information please visit our website at www.revay.com.
Submit resume detailing your experience, including a detailed CV and covering letter via mail or email to:
Revay and Associates Limited
4333 St. Catherine St. West, Suite 500
Montreal, Quebec H3Z 1P9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.