Revay and Associates Limited is Canada’s consultant of choice in construction dispute resolution, project management and controls and risk management services. In response to rapid growth in various sectors, our Toronto office is seeking a senior consultant with experience in the construction industry. The candidate(s) should be energetic, have a professional demeanor and be a team player.
Revay’s maxim is experience plus expertise equals excellence. We value integrity, rigour and common sense.
- Analysis of documents/preparation of construction claims
- Preparation of reports including claims and expert reports for use in mediation, arbitration or litigation
- Management of client mandates including deliverables, schedule and budget
- Establish and maintain business relationships with clients
- Develop new clients and business opportunities with government agencies, private owners, contractors, designers, and law firms. Experience and contacts in the construction industry considered an asset.
- Contribute to marketing efforts, RFPs, industry presentations, etc.
- Add value to the company by actively assisting management with preparing promotional materials, publishing articles, providing quality (peer) reviews.
- Active involvement (through Board membership, regular meeting attendance) with industry associations
- Work effectively on teams as leader or support, as required
- Develop junior staff through mentoring
- Continually develop own skills through ongoing training (formal and informal) and mentoring
- A bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in engineering, architecture or quantity surveying; a specialization in construction management is a plus
- Membership within a professional order or association (P.Eng, PE, QS or equivalent)
- At least 10 years of experience in the construction industry
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Ability to delegate and mentor effectively
- Ability to develop and defend unbiased opinions with balanced arguments
- Superior presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity and knowledge with scheduling, project controls, risk management, contracts, delay and productivity analyses
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), Primavera Project Planner (P6), MS Project
- Construction claims exposure
Revay was founded in 1970 and today its staff comprises approximately 50 professionals, primarily engineers, architects, senior technologists and other related professionals.
Dispute resolution assignments represent about 60 percent of Revay’s work. In addition, the firm offers planning, scheduling, project management overview and contract administration services. Revay’s assignments are divided equally between those originating from the plaintiffs and defendants. Our client base covers the entire spectrum of the construction industry including all levels of government, public and private sector owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, architectural and engineering firms including EPCM firms, law firms, financial institutions and industry associations.
Submit resume detailing your experience, including a detailed CV and covering letter via mail or email to:
Revay and Associates Limited
150 Isabella Street, Suite 810
Ottawa, Ontario K1S 1V7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.