Revay and Associates Limited (Revay) is Canada’s consultant of choice in construction dispute resolution, project management, project controls and risk management services. Our maxim is “experience plus expertise equals excellence”. We value integrity, rigour and common sense.
Revay is seeking a bright and motivated senior consultant with experience in the Canadian construction industry to join our growing team in Calgary. The senior-level candidate should be energetic, have a professional demeanor and be a mentor and team player.
The preferred candidate will have experience in the preparation, analysis and resolution of construction claims, as well as in project management, project controls and risk management best practices. The ability to manage detailed research and to write effective technical reports and proposals is essential for this role. Registration as a professional engineer with APEGA or the ability to register would be an asset.
- Evaluate documents and complete analyses required to prepare deliverables such as claims, expert reports and other supporting documentation that could be used in mediation, arbitration or litigation
- Manage client mandates including deliverables, schedules and budgets; provide leadership to junior and intermediate consultants working on mandates
- Work collaboratively with teams as a leader or supporting member; develop junior and intermediate staff through mentoring
- Advocate quality and provide quality (peer) reviews across the organization
- Establish and maintain business relationships with clients and contribute to requests for proposal
- Develop new clients and business opportunities with government agencies, private owners, contractors, engineering/design firms and law firms
- Add value to the company by actively assisting management with marketing efforts and preparing promotional materials, articles and industry presentations
- Active involvement (i.e. Board membership, regular meeting attendance) with industry associations
- Continually develop own skills through ongoing training (formal and informal) and mentoring
- A bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in engineering, architecture or quantity surveying; a specialization in construction management is preferred
- Registered professional within a recognized association such as APEGA
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience in the Canadian construction industry
- Ability to develop and defend unbiased opinions with balanced arguments
- Knowledge and experience with respect to scheduling, project controls, risk management, contracts, delay and productivity analyses
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Superior presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to delegate and mentor effectively; direct experience as a team lead
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), Primavera Project Planner (P6), MS Project
- Established network in the Canadian construction industry
Revay was founded in 1970 and today its staff comprises approximately 50 professionals, primarily engineers, architects, senior technologists and other related professionals.
Dispute resolution assignments represent about 60 percent of Revay’s work. In addition, the firm offers planning, scheduling, project management overview and contract administration services. Revay’s assignments are divided equally between those originating from the plaintiffs and defendants. Our client base covers the entire spectrum of the construction industry including all levels of government, public and private sector owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, architectural and engineering firms including EPCM firms, law firms, financial institutions and industry associations.
Submit resume detailing your experience, including a detailed CV and cover letter via mail or email to:
Revay and Associates Limited
Suite 418, 715 5th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2X6
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.