Correctional Facility Renovation
On behalf of Correctional Services Canada, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) engaged a contractor to retrofit the cells and common areas used by the inmates as well as various security systems.
Delays to the completion of the retrofit could potentially result in a variety of additional administrative, security and operational costs for Correctional Services Canada, PWGSC and the consultants.
To minimize such additional costs and develop a position on potential delays, PWGSC required the construction work and schedules to be monitored by an independent consultant.
Our scope of work included:
- Review of the contractor’s asplanned schedule with the architect and PWGSC to evaluate the task sequence and duration of each task. In addition, comparisons were made with previous work in the Penitentiary.
- Attendance at monthly schedule meetings to:
- review progress to date;
- review divergent activities;
- review reasons for changes to the schedule; and
- explore corrective action if necessary;