Airside Development Project
Toronto Pearson International Airport
Transport Canada and subsequently the Greater Toronto Airports Authority required someone to schedule, monitor and report on Stages IV, V and VI for the new Runway 15R-33L and associated taxiways, as well as the Satellite Deicing Facility and Low Visibility Aids at Lester B. Pearson International Airport.
We were selected because of our experience with scheduling difficult projects and with construction claims.
Information to complete the task had to be obtained from the Project Director, design engineers, and contractors. Operating restrictions of the airport had a signifi cant effect on scheduling the construction work.
We provided the following:
- Work Breakdown Structure for project activities;
- The Project Master Plan including identification of alternatives where risk of delays was high;
- Detailed Project Schedule including a network diagram, cash flow projection, and risk commentary;
- Monthly Progress Reports including updated schedules, critical path and schedule risks;
- Schedules for long range airport planning;
- Defense for claims and counter claims;
- Ongoing advice to the Project Director on the impact of design and construction decisions.