Spadina Light Rapid Transit System
Toronto Transit Commission
The Toronto Transit Commission required a new light rapid transit (LRT) system to run along Spadina Avenue from Lake Shore Boulevard to Bloor Street. The project had to be built while maintaining traffic flows on local streets.
The northern portion of this $30,000,000 project consisted of a major underground tunnel, and station with connections to the subway system and above ground busses.
The work included:
- Relocation of utilities;
- Construction of the tunnel;
- Installation of track bed and track; and
- Installation of overhead electric power supply.
We provided a schedule analyst who was responsible for:
- Analyzing the construction schedules of all contractors;
- Evaluating contractors claims for delays; and
- Evaluating the impact of contract changes on the construction schedule.