Construction Claims and Dispute Resolution
Revay and Associates Limited (Revay) is Canada’s consultant of choice in construction dispute resolution, project management, project controls and risk management services. Our maxim is “experience plus expertise equals excellence”.
Revay is seeking a bright, enthusiastic and motivated professional with exceptional rigour and integrity to join our team in Montreal. The candidate will be exposed to all facets of construction projects, with emphasis on the contractual and commercial aspects of large industrial, civil, commercial and institutional projects. Registration with the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or the ability to register would be an asset.
Working under the guidance and supervision of a consultant or senior consultant, the candidate will:
- Be involved in the evaluation and preparation of construction schedules, claims and expert reports;
- Perform and/or assist with the performance of forensic schedule analysis, labour and productivity studies, analysis of change orders, as well as quantification of claims;
- Classify, organize, and review information and documents received from clients;
- Prepare statements of facts based on the available documents;
- Compile and process data from various sources;
- Attend meetings with clients;
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of easy-to-understand charts and graphics, for use in reports and/or for presentation to client groups and other parties;
- Continually develop skills through ongoing training (formal and informal).
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and/or master’s degree in engineering, architecture, quantity surveying; other degrees/diplomas will be considered, and a specialization in construction management is preferred;
- Membership within a recognized association such as OIQ is highly encouraged;
- 0 to 5 years of related work experience in the Canadian construction industry, including exposure to project management, contracts and project controls;
- Knowledge with respect to scheduling, project controls, contracts, delay and productivity analyses;
- Strong analytical, writing, interpersonal and communications skills;
- Great attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines;
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), Primavera Project Planner (P6), MS Project.
Revay was founded in 1970 and today its staff comprises approximately 50 professionals, primarily engineers, architects, senior technologists and other related professionals.
Dispute resolution assignments represent about 60 percent of Revay’s work. In addition, the firm offers planning, scheduling, project management overview, contract administration and risk management services. Revay’s assignments are divided equally between those originating from the plaintiffs and defendants. Our client base covers the entire spectrum of the construction industry including all levels of government, public and private sector owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, architectural and engineering firms including EPCM firms, law firms, financial institutions and industry associations.
Submit an application detailing your experience including a detailed CV and cover letter via mail or email to:
Eric Davies – Director, Eastern Canada
Revay and Associates Limited
4333 St. Catherine Street West, Suite 500
Montreal, QC H3Z 1P9
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.