Revay and Associates Limited (Revay) is Canada’s consultant of choice in areas of construction dispute resolution, project management support, project controls, and risk management. We have been providing these services to the Canadian construction industry for over 50 years.
Revay is seeking a bright, enthusiastic, and motivated professional experienced in project/construction management, claims, planning/scheduling, project controls, and forensic analysis to join our Calgary team. This is an intermediate-level position, suitable for professionals with up to 10 years of experience. Scheduling experience is essential to qualify.
As a consultant at Revay, you will be exposed to all facets of construction projects, with an emphasis on the contractual and commercial aspects of large industrial, civil, commercial, and institutional projects. Revay is involved in some of the most interesting and large-scale construction projects throughout Canada and globally.
Considering the diverse nature of Revay’s work, you will need to have strong problem-solving skills, well-developed logic, and a facility to assimilate large amounts of varied qualitative and quantitative information. Communication and the ability to simplify concepts is key, as you will need to convert highly technical information into graphics, reports, and presentations that will be easily comprehensible. You must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the guidance and supervision of a senior consultant, who will vary from project to project, the candidate will:
- Be directly involved in the analysis and preparation of construction claims and expert reports
- Use specialized techniques such as forensic schedule analysis, labor and productivity analyses and studies, analysis of project documentation and claims quantification
- Prepare and analyze construction schedules within Primavera Project Planner (P6) and MS Project using industry-recognized best practices
- Support the marketing of Revay and the development of new clients and business opportunities with government agencies, private owners, contractors, engineering/design firms and law firms
- Contribute to requests for proposal
- Active involvement (i.e., board membership, regular meeting attendance) with industry associations
- Continually develop own skills through ongoing training (formal and informal) and mentoring; mentor and/or cross-train other consultants
- You may also provide our clients with project management and construction advisory services such as:
- Schedule development, monitoring and control
- Contract administration
- Risk management
On a daily basis, you will:
- Work in teams of various sizes composed of interns, junior consultants, consultants, and senior consultants, in which all team members collaborate and learn from one another
- Be provided with the knowledge and tools you need to perform your tasks yet be given the freedom and autonomy to find creative solutions
Qualifications and Skills
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in engineering, architecture, or quantity surveying
- Professional designation within a recognized association such as APEGA; scheduling professional credential such as PMI-SP or AACE International PSP would be an asset
- 5-10 years of related work experience in the Canadian construction industry, including project management, claims, planning/scheduling, forensic analysis, and contracts – This is an intermediate-level position suitable for professionals with up to 10 years of experience; scheduling experience is essential to qualify
- Experience with cost estimating and quantitative risk assessments would be an asset
- Strong analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and meet deadlines, with a great attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Advanced capabilities with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook), Primavera Project Planner (P6), MS Project; experience with @Risk would be an asset
Revay was founded in 1970 and today its staff comprises approximately 50 professionals, primarily engineers, architects, senior technologists, and other related professionals.
Dispute resolution assignments represent about 60 percent of Revay’s work. In addition, the firm offers planning, scheduling, project management support, and contract administration services. Our client base covers the entire spectrum of the construction industry including all levels of government, public and private sector owners, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers, architectural and engineering firms including EPCM firms, law firms, financial institutions, and industry associations.
If you are interested by this position, please send your application (cover letter and resumé) to:
Suzanne Checkryn – Director, Prairies
Revay and Associates Limited
Suite 418, 715 5th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2X6
We thank all applicants, but only those who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.